The Primary Health Care Trust identified a need for additional modular healthcare units in the Wallsend area of Newcastle upon Tyne. Following an intensive tendering process SiBCAS was awarded the contract to supply a turnkey package which also involved service connection and soft and hard landscaping. Lockable storage facilities, electric roller shutters, fire and intruder alarms were also included within the package for this site.
- Total Floor area 840 square metres
- Single Storey Modular Building – PermaSpace
- GP Consulting Rooms
- Echocardiography Room
- Patient Treatment Rooms
- Counseling Services Room
- X- Ray Room
- Administrations Area
- The site was previously a petrol station and therefore posed a problem of contaminated land and the buried underground tanks had to be removed before any works could commence on site.
- The site was located just off a main service trunk road, so deliveries had to be co-ordinate to ensure traffic delays were kept to a minimum.
- Walls, ceilings & floors of the X-ray room had to be lined with specialist lead.
- Treatment rooms walls were lined with wipe clean linings to eliminate germ collection points.
SiBCAS worked with a number of consultants to ensure that, although a temporary healthcare centre, the medical facilities were completed to a very high standard all in line with the client’s specification. Site Logistics were coordinated to allow safe installation of the modular building and the project outcome was a success.
SiBCAS Case Study: Modular Healthcare Units Newcastle Upon Tyne.