Sibcas are a premium supplier of high quality modular buildings to construction, education, leisure and health sector clients.
Due to the continued growth of the company and internal reorganisation we require an Architectural Technician or Architectural Technologist at our Head Office in Bathgate.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding, multi-disciplined Design Team involved in major development projects throughout the UK.
As an Architectural Technician, your key responsibilities will be:
- Creating detailed plans and layouts using AutoCad software
- Overseeing building warrants/planning applications
- Ensuring projects are commenced on time by coordinating the necessary technical drawings and approvals
- Close liaison with external consultants during preparation and issue of production information
- Ongoing contact with client and contractor
- Liaising internal colleagues in Projects, Design, Sales, Production and Contracts teams, preparing technical specifications
- Qualified to degree or equivalent in an Architectural or Engineering discipline
- Experienced in a range of medium-large projects encompassing commercial, office, schools & health (if you have worked with modular buildings or site accommodation this would be particularly useful)
- Fully conversant with Building Standards/Regulations and able to implement for your projects
- Able to work with minimum supervision and as an active team member
- Able to demonstrate your experience in delivering complete working drawing CAD packages (Revit, AutoCAD Architecture and BIM would be of interest but not essential)
- Highly organised and able to manage your workload and those of external consultants
- Excellent problem-solver
- Familiar with tender packages eg M&E, scope of works, schedules and specifications